This poll, by YouGov says it all:
How Britons are feeling on Brexit Day
For better or for worse, the day is finally upon us. So – what is the prevailing feeling about Brexit among Britons?
- 23% say they are feeling mostly worried, while 20% say they are relieved
- 13% say they are angry, 9% are joyful, 7% are excited and 6% are fearful
- 66% of Remain voters are feeling either worried (39%) or angry (27%), compared to only 8% of Leave voters (7% worried, 1% angry)
A new beginning?
- 51% of Britons also see Brexit has a new beginning. 32%, however, consider it more of an end
- 81% of Leave voters see Brexit as a new beginning, compared to only 27% of Remain voters
Optimism about the EU
Even as Britain leaves, optimism about the EU is rising